If you have someone in your circle that you want to get rid of and thus remove then you can follow the instruction below.
This one is for blocking a Follower on Google+ Plus from being visible in your circles.
If you don’t have Google+ but do have Instagram, take a look here!
2 versions of Google Plus
Google recently launched a new version of Google Plus. The procedure below works best when you choose to select the classic version of Google Plus. It can be found at the bottom left of the plus page and has the linking text “Back to the classic version of Google+ ‘. See image below:
Google Plus follower blocking via PC
1. Login to your Google plus profile
2. Using the top left button, select “Google+ page” from the menu. See image.
3. People who have you in their circles, i.e. your followers, are now shown on the right.
4. Hold your mouse pointer over the profile picture (1) so that your follower’s name appears.
5. Then click on the name (2). You go to this person’s profile.
6. Below the profile picture is a down arrow (3) that you need to click on. A drop-down menu appears where you can ignore or report/block the Google plus follower.
>Ignoring means you will no longer receive notifications from this person. You can still see his posts in your profile.
>At report/block you get the option to block or report him.
When blocked, you will be removed from that persons circles and that person will no longer be visible in your circles. This change will be implemented by Google+ within 24 hours.
Block Google Plus follower via the Android app
Open the Google plus app. In the upper right corner, tap the magnifying glass. In the search bar at the top of the page, you can enter the name of the person you want to block. Then open the corresponding profile and click the menu button. Then select block and ok.
Google Plus follower blocking via a mobile browser
Using a mobile browser to go to your Google Plus page on your phone or tablet you cannot block anyone at this time. You’ll need a PC or the Google Plus app to do this.
You can download the Google Plus app here
Google Plus follower blocking via an iPhone or iPad
Download the Google Plus app. In the upper right corner, tap the magnifying glass. In the search bar at the top of the page, you can enter the name of the person you want to block.
Then open the relevant profile and click on the cogwheel at the top right. Then select block.
Google Plus app can be downloaded from iTunes here